Here's the random trail mix in our lives:
- This week, Norberto's brother, Marcos called to tell us his new computer store in the capital had been robbed. His clerk, a youth in the church, was held at gunpoint, his hands were tied, his mouth was taped and the thief locked him in the bathroom while he stole between $2-3,000 worth of merchandise. We pray that the acts of violence, stealing and corruption would end.
- Our tribe is recovering. Norberto had pneumonia, and Timmy is back in school today (after a case of bronchitis).
- Chicken slaughter is tomorrow. We have designated titles (head hunter, pluckers, dipper, cleaners). Care for pictures?
- Julie's preaching this weekend on John 7:37-38, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.Whoever believes in me, streams of living water will flow from him."
- Zach, our new intern, arrives today and will be with us until mid-July. Please pray that God uses Zach in mighty ways here.
- Julie's step-grandfather passed away. These are the times when it's so hard to be far away from family. I just wish I could go and be with my grandmother and listen to her share her heart. At least I got to pray with her and him on the day of his departure from this world. Oh, how I'm SO thankful for skype.
- Our niece, Melea Chaim, was born in the States! She's so beautiful and we are grateful for a healthy birth and the gift of life.